www.Thefertilitycoach.co.uk – Harriet Hay
This policy is effective from May 16th 2018. It may change from time to time by updating this page, and you can check my website for the latest version or ask for a copy of the policy at any time by emailing email@example.com to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
GDPR is bringing in new legal protection for personal information from 25th May 2018. This tells you what personal information I hold and why, and what your rights are.
Coach's Name: Harriet Hay
Data Controller: Harriet Hay
Telephone No: 07779124462
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lawful Basis for holding and using Client Information
The lawful basis for this processing from May 25th 2018 is your consent. The purpose of this processing is to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
The lawful basis under which I hold and use for information is:
- My legitimate interests i.e.my requirement to retain the information in order to provide you with the best possible coaching options and any information or advice.
2. My requirement to hold your information for the following legal reasons:
- ‘Claims occurring’ insurance: (records to be kept for 7 years after last session)
- Law regarding children’s records (records to be kept until the child is 25 or if 17 when being coached, then 26)
- Coach to keep internal record keeping, in line with safe coaching practice and insurance purposes.
- Arranging appointments, and bookings.
- Safe coaching practice.
- To process and accurately deliver any orders or services from this website or 'in person' setting.
I may hold some special category data (i.e. health related information), the Additional Condition under which I hold and use this information is: for me to fulfil my role as a health care practitioner bound under the AoR. Confidentiality as defined in each of their respective Code of Practice and Ethics.
The Purpose of processing Client Data
I hold and use client data in order to provide you with the best possible coaching options, support, information and advice.
What information I hold and what I do with it
I may collect the following information from clients/customers/students and potential clients/customers/students in order to deliver professional coaching sessions and linked advice and products.
I will only use this for informing your requirements from me and this website and any advice I give as a result of your sessions. The information to be held is:
- Full name.
- Contact information including email address, phone number, postal address, date of birth.
- Emergency contact details.
- Key health information relevant to safe coaching practice and treatment – including potentially, medical history and other health-related information.
- Preference for receiving information by email/electronic mail, telephone, SMS text or all.
- Coaching session details and related notes.
I will NOT share your information with anyone else (other than within my own practice, or as required for legal process) without explaining why it is necessary, and getting your explicit consent.
I will keep your information for the following periods, 7 years, in line with the lawful basis listed above.
Your data will not be transferred outside the EU without your consent.
I may periodically send promotional emails about events, special offers or other information which I think you may find interesting.
I will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless I have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Protecting Your Personal Data
I am committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place appropriate technical, physical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
I will contact you using the contact preferences you have given me.
GDPR gives you the following rights:
- The right to be informed:
To know how your information will be held and used (this notice).
- The right of access:
To see your therapist’s records of your personal information, so you know what is held about you and can verify it.
- The right to rectification:
To tell your therapist to make changes to your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- The right to erasure (also called “the right to be forgotten”):
For you to request your therapist to erase any information they hold about you
- The right to restrict processing of personal data:.
You have the right to request limits on how your therapist uses your personal information
- The right to data portability: under certain circumstances you can request a copy of personal information held electronically so you can reuse it in other systems.
- The right to object:.
To be able to tell your therapist you don’t want them to use certain parts of your information, or only to use it for certain purposes.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office:
To be able to complain to the ICO if you feel your details are not correct, if they are not being used in a way that you have given permission for, or if they are being stored when they don’t have to be.
Full details of your rights can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please email email@example.com
You also have the right to:
- object to the use of your data for promotional purposes
- access details of personal information which I hold about you, free of charge
- have your personal data corrected promptly if you believe it is incomplete or incorrect
I are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure any information collected.
My website contains links to third party websites operating their own terms and conditions and privacy policies. The Fertility Coach is not responsible for any content on third party websites.
All personal information will be treated as confidential and will fully comply with the applicable UK Data Protection and Consumer Legislation.